Dear Miss Know It All,
How do we deal with the divas in our lives?
Here’s a look at my TOP TEN ways to deal with a diva:
10. Before you begin to interact with the diva in question, thank yourself for making it this far without either poisoning their food or pushing them off a cliff. I commend your level of restraint.
9. Keep your sense of humor. Bursts of laughter for no reason are a great way to relieve the tension in the room.
8. Don’t take anything personally. Let everything roll off your back. Of course, if you do this instead going into your usual panic mode, this will totally alarm the diva and render them harmless.
7. If you can’t take it anymore, speak to the one person who can do something about the situation. Whining to your best friend is a nice start.
6. Take up kick boxing or self defense karate classes. This will prepare you for anything!
5. Learn a foreign language that the diva doesn’t understand and conduct all communications with them in that language. Esigente di persona!
4. Show up dressed in identical clothes as the diva. Who’s the diva now? Take that!
3. Call up the diva’s friends and tell them the diva has invited them to a party. When they all show up at the house dressed to the nines at the non-party with no food or alcohol in sight (heaven forbid!), blame it on the diva’s fragile state of mental health. Suggest they all sign a petition to get the diva committed to the closest psycho ward.
2. The best way to deal with a diva is to ignore them.
1. If you’ve followed all the advice above (and your diva happens to be your boss), I’d suggest you start looking for another job at night and on weekends.